Like On Facebook

Friday, February 1, 2013

On Foxygen

I've known about Foxygen since last year when their single Shuggie came out. I liked the song a lot. I thought it was interesting, compelling, well produced. Later they released two more singles before their album, We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic, dropped. The track No Destruction was pretty much the track that put me off of them at first. It's pretty much a wannabe Bob Dylan song. It was such a copy that all I heard was weird 60s Dylan music from them. The track San Francisco came out as well, and I just thought it was a weak song. I didn't like the style and the weird flute sound put me off. Then their album came out. I decided to listen to it on Spotify just to check the thing out. I liked it. The rest of the album was cool. The title track was totally awesome, weird, but I still haven't decided if I like the band as a whole. I think as musicians they're great, killer bass player, but it's gonna take another album to convince me that they aren't just going for 60s cover band status.
Music video must be a play on Led Zeppelin's Presence or something. Dinner table scene. Weird black thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment