Like On Facebook

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shaking Your Habits

One of my favorite pop-avant groups The Knife released their first LP since 2006 titled Shaking the Habitual. It's freaking insane. The Swedish duo really went all out for this album, taking a step back from the more avant-garde Silent Shout album in 2006 that I personally didn't care for. I remember hearing a track a few years ago titled You Make Me Like Charity and thinking it was the coolest thing I've ever heard. That was from The Knife's 2003 release Deep Cuts which is an awesome album. Shaking takes everything The Knife has ever done and turns the knob up to 11 (the knob only goes up to 10). The percussion on the LP is amazing, especially on Full Of Fire which is now my favorite song of 2013. That track is so uhmazinggggg. The album is pretty long, took me a while to get through the whole thing. In the middle of Shaking there's a good 30 mins of weirdness that was...okish? I really love Karin's voice though and the tracks that feature her blaring vocals really sucked me in. Great album. Great songs. Wooo Knife.


No comments:

Post a Comment